Is there a more versatile veggie than cauliflower? What can it not do! Steam it, bake it, turn it into rice, roll it into tortillas or pizzas. The list is endless! To top it up, it's low in calories, high in dietary fiber, vitamin b-6, vitamin C, iron, and magnesium. Not to mention it's extremely delicious in any form!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce
- Your fave dipping sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 450F
2. Line a baking sheet on your pan.
3. Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
4. Mix the batter flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle pepper powder and salt.
5. Add about 1 cup of water (a tiny bit more if it’s too thick, but this batter should be thick to entirely coat the cauliflower).
6. Add 3 tbsps of your favorite bbq sauce.
7. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter and give them a couple of shakes and arrange them neatly and evenly spaced in a single layer on the baking sheet. Do not crowd them!
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, then flip and bake them again for another 5 to10 minutes. Until the edges start to get crispy.
9. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! (Pictured is bitchinsauce’s delicious almond-based sauce).
If you liked this recipe, follow The New Found Yorker for more exciting recipes.