These no-bake, date energy balls are fuss-free and super healthy! With no added sugar, this is the perfect guilt-free snack to have whenever you need a boost of energy. The natural sweetness from the dates satisfies sugar cravings and is the perfect treat to bring with you on-the-go. The oats in this recipe provide a nice texture and make it a bit more filling than your usual date balls.
Three-ingredient Energy Date Balls
Preperation time: 15 mins
- 15 dates
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- On a high-power blender or food processor, blend up 1 cup of your choice of nuts (I used walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios here).
- Chop your dates that have been soaked in water into small pieces and add it in your blender or food processor, and then add in 1/4 cup of the water that was used to soak the dates.
- Once everything has been blended into a paste-like consistency, add in your oats. Start with a small amount and add more until you reach your desired consistency.
- The consistency of your date ball “paste” should be soft enough to roll into balls but not too soft that it doesn’t hold its shape. After rolling them into balls, pop them in the fridge or freezer and have them whenever!
- Optional: drizzle a bit of nut butter upon serving. I used Peanut Butter & Co. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread as a drizzle here.